Fire&Frost DURA GREEN wax has been developed to obtain hardness and flexibility for removal from the mould of complex jewels or big-size accessories.
It has high viscosity, very low shrinkage and high replication of surface detail. The reproductions realized with this wax retain their features unalterated for a long time and can be easily carved in a second time as to customize every single item.
Excellent for reproduction of complex-shaped and big-sized models.
This wax is suitable for injection in metal moulds and, thanks to its features, is suitable for pre-stone-setting. Fire&Frost waxes are produced in the US with the purest, high quality synthetic raw materials.
- Fluidity: Medium
- Shrinkage: Low
- Flexibility: High
- Memory: High
- Hardness: Very high
- Shelf-life: High
- Reproduction of details: Medium
- Solidification time: Fast
- Color: Green
- Casting temperature: 69,4°C
- Solidification temperature: 62,8°C
- Viscosity (a 76,6°C): 820 cps
- Hardess (tip penetration 450 g a 25°C): 28,7 dmm
- Ash content: 0,003 %
- Recommended injection pressure: 0,60 – 1,00 bar
- Recommended injection temperature: 70°C - 76°C
Note on product use:
- Cut the top of the package paying attention to keeping the locking system intact. A correct wax storage avoids possible accidental contaminations.
- Load the wax in the injection system container, keeping in mind to clean it periodically.
- Set the recommended wax casting temperature. We advise to verify periodically that the injection machine thermometer is set correctly.
- Wait until the wax turns liquid and reach the desired working temperature.
- Everyday clean the system injection nozzle before starting the operation.
- Set the opportune pressure parameters and pushing time for the model to reproduce, paying attention to the recommended pressure interval for this kind of wax.
- Position the mold on the injection system nozzle in use. Automatic clamps can be useful to maintain the parameters constant.
- This wax works well both with under vacuum and traditional injection systems.
- Inject the wax in the mold.
- Let the mold rest for the wax to cool and solidify.
- Open the mold and extract with the proper technique the reproduced wax model.